With summer just around the corner this exercise has multiple benefits to get you strong fast. Tone the entire body and burn calories with just one exercise. It will help you achieve the flat stomach while also strengthening your back. It will also help you tone the arms and firm your bottom. This exercise is worth your time so hit the deck and try it.
Set Up: Elbows line up directly under the shoulders. You can be on your knees or feet for more challenge (as shown in the pictures).
- Tune in and focus on your abdominals drawing inward and upward.
- Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels. Tilt your pelvis andcontract your abdominals to prevent your bottom from lifting.
- Soften your shoulders down away from the ears creating length in your neck.Shoulder blades should lie flat on the back without winging. Avoid overrounding in the upper back.
- Keep your head in line with your spine, avoid letting it hang.
- Breathe and as you exhale draw your abdominals deeper up toward your spine. Keep the contraction as you inhale.
Try holding this position 15 seconds to start and then as you get stronger progress to 30seconds to 1 minute. Repeat 3 to 5 times. This exercise can be done daily.
Photos by Sara Driscoll Photography