It is still mind boggling that our one year anniversary is days away.
Seems like just yesterday I was getting ready to walk to aisle.
From nail and tanning parties to final fittings, I made sure I was ready.
Some say that the first year of marriage is the hardest.
I can’t exactly comment because I don’t have anything to compare it to.
All I can say was it was a fun and exciting ride.
There are a lot of “firsts”…
some awesome, some scary and others difficult.
It’s a year of learning and growing together….
as well as learning about yourself.
A lot of people have asked me have things changed…no for us.
I think it’s because I truly married my best friend.
No the past year wasn’t perfect and yes we had are disagreements.
They are bound to happen but we’ve found communication is important.
I am no marriage pro or anything but here are some lessons I learned.
For those married out there, do you have any tips or fun stories?
What’s your secret?
1. Unfortunately ladies I’ve got some bad news for you. As much as you try to make it happen the toilet seat won’t magically go down. This is a battle I stopped fighting.
2. You are bound to have some arguments. Don’t sweat the small stuff and make little issues something bigger than they need to be.
3. Never go to bed without saying “I Love You.” Those three little words often get forgotten but they still give me chills.
4. Wear something sexy once in a while. And by this I don’t mean a full body onsie (yep I rock it during winter). There’s something about being a newlywed and wearing a child-like night outfit that is not cute.
5. It’s ok if he loses his wedding ring. This doesn’t mean he loves you any less. Let’s be honest ladies, we tend to be a little more careful and organized. But you are more than allowed to give him a hard time…just for a little bit
6. Learning to share a dessert is possibly one of the biggest things I have learned. It shows hubster how much I love him plus keeps me in swimsuit season check. Win-Win.
7. Always appreciate the little things that each other does. Whether it be random flowers, doing laundry or even grabbing your retainer from the bathroom to make sure you wear it to bed. Yep, newlywed life is getting sexier by the minute. Oh and hey, date each other.
8.When it comes to solving problems I have three words for you. “Rock, Paper, Scissors.” I swear it decides all tough questions like where to go to dinner, who turns off the light or who gets to wash the dishes.
9. Don’t be mad if he doesn’t fully remember your detailed conversation about the latest fashion trend you are loving. Sometimes you need to realize your not gabbing to your college roommate but a guy who loves beer, football and not a lot of phone conversations. Just saying…
10. Say sorry. If you are anything like me, you might walk around with the “Little Miss Stubborn” shirt on. Everything can’t be his fault all the time.