Looking to shed some extra pounds before stuffing yourself with turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and sweet yams!?!? I’ve got some simple and easy tips to help you lose a couple pounds before you gain them back! (well at least that’s what happens to me!!)
1. Drink Water: cut out the juices, 300 calorie Starbucks lattes, smoothies, sodas, and even alcohol (or limit)–I find when I only drink water I feel better, plus you are more hydrated. If you drink a glass before a meal you are also less likely to eat as much. If you can’t do just water, Crystal Light packets are yummy and low in calories, or just add lemon!
2. Exercise: you don’t have to do a crazy workout for 5 hours at the gym or run 10 miles. Start with goaling to walk 30 minutes four times a week. If you can add more and increase the time then great!! Walking is a great way to start the day or end it. I love to go on a walk after dinner with doggies and hubster…fun way to catch up without distractions!
3. Portion Control: easier said than done right? If you are cooking make the proper serving amounts. I always make enough rice to feed an army, and of course I don’t want it to go to waste, so I eat it! You can have what you want…just in proper amounts. And going out? Share a meal! Grab a salad or soup to start, then split an entree. This is great on the wallet too!
4. Eat More: yes I said eat more!! Grab more nutrient and fresh food like fruits and veggies. People make fun of me because I am always snacking….banana, apples, grapes, carrots, soy beans, peppers, etc! Eating these healthy foods keep me full without having to load on calories and fat!! A diet expert once told me have a colorful diet!!!
5. Treat Yourself: no diet will be successful if it is full of don’ts and more don’ts. You need to enjoy a litte bit. If you go Monday through Friday eating healthy, then enjoy a cocktail on Saturday or grab some frozen yogurt. The key is control…don’t splurge too much into a binge, but have enjoy to satisfy yourself!