“Jump” Start the Holiday— No Skis Required!
Benefit: Burns calories, cardio and leg toning. Gets you ready for the slopes.
Set up: Stand with your feet hip distance apart or legs together feet , knees, and hips angled slightly.
1. (knees angled right) Bend at the knees with the weight in your heels, hinging at the hip.
2. Press into the floor with the feet, lifting onto the balls of the feet, straighten the legs and lift off the ground
3. Land Left, hinging at the hip, bending at the knees, weight is in the heels
4. Press into the floor with the feet, lifting onto the balls of the feet, straighten the legs and lift off the ground
5. Land Right and repeat for 30 seconds
Do 2 sets, start the 2nd set with the feet, knee hips angled left.
1. Make sure the knees are tracking toward the 2nd and 3rd toes whether the feet are together or hip distance apart.
2. Keep the abdominals drawing inward and upward.
3. Have fun and visualize yourself on the slopes.