If you’re a planner like myself, then I am sure you are already starting to think about holiday shopping. Crazy to think that Black Friday is only a couple weeks away and we’re less than two months to 2013! Where did the time go this fall? In my new installment Giving Back, I am going to be sharing ways to help others even while you shop for loved ones. Know of a great gift that also provides for charities? Let me know!!
1. Black Gel Cell Phone Case- $15 benefits St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
2. Wool Women’s Wedges- $89 benefits TOMS One for One giving children a pair of shoes
3. Thymes Fraiser Fir Holiday Candle- $38 benefits a charity of your choice! (choose from dozens)
4. One World Futbol Soccer Ball- $39.50 benefits children and refugees in disaster areas
5. Diana Warner ‘The Obligato Necklace’- $50 benefits and provides clean water for 10 Africans for a year
7. Hope Bathrobe and Slippers- $45 benefits the American Cancer Society
8. Andean Infinity Scarf- $58 benefits South American artisans and communities
While the East Coast is suffering from Hurricane Sandy, us over here on the West Coast are continuing to experience the hottest fall I can ever remember. We got a few days of cooler temperatures which was such a complete tease as my sweaters, boots, crockpot and scarves are crying my name. Add being pregnant and sick and to me this heat has been unbearable.
One benefit? We’ve been taking nightly walks with the dogs in which the temperature cools down a little bit. It’s at these times I am taking every opportunity to wear all my favorites pants because who knows when I am not going to be able to wear them anymore. At 14 weeks I am enjoying any second I can pop these suckers on!
So Mother Nature, please cool down so I can wear all my colored and fall pants a few more times before the bump comes!
Pants: Rich & Skinny Top: Bull Hat: from Florence (gift) Shoes: Vera Wang (thrifted)
Glasses: Coach Necklace: NYC street vendor
My dog wears a spiked collar, so why can’t I? Actually he doesn’t but that would be really cool if he did. I’m not going to lie I feel like a bad ass and a little sassy when I wear this top. It’s sheer and light weight, making it perfect for summer. Yet it will transition well under sweaters and jackets for the fall and winter. I’m all about having pieces in the closet that can be used more than a couple months. Don’t you think? I’m working on a fun DIY inspired by this top. Are you into the spiked collar?